Tuesday 30 September 2008

Holding hands

In West Africa, men holding hands is not an uncommon site. It just means they are good friends - and I know that - but I still find it very uncomfortable to have my hand held by another man. Yesterday, one such incident occured, when one of our Liberian staff walked up to me and started holding my hand...and what a shock it was to me! I inwardly struggled for a few minutes whilst trying to look cool, but then had to point to something (with both hands) just to get myself out of the situation. I wonder if I will ever feel comfortable with this...Olly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olly, I can only imagine the surprised look on your face and the uncomfortableness that you must have felt! I do have to admit that I had to laugh at the situation! You handled yourself wonderfully in getting out of a sticky-akward situation well! We miss and love you all!

The Olson's