Thursday 16 July 2009

Another week goes by, and I'm finding it hard to blog...

Talk about writers block. So what's happened in the last week? On Friday night my parents left. On Saturday we spent a cool, overcast but dry day at the pool at Hotel Du Lac - it was wonderful being dry after the previously miserable day at Babs Dock. Sunday we pottered on the ship, and Sally collected a new "daughter", Eliana, from the airport - she's here for 4 weeks as a cook and we're sort of keeping an eye on her. Monday night Sally was back at the airport collecting another new "daughter" - Alex, our niece, who is here for 3 weeks as a Dining Room Steward and living in our cabin. The weather has been cool, overcast and windy, but dry. I dove (dived?) on Tuesday and again on Thursday, to check nothing was wrapped around the propellers before our brief sail to the fuel dock on Saturday to refuel. I've added another hat to my head - I'm now the Dive Team Coordinator. And we're following the Charles Taylor trial in the Hague with interest. Bye for now. Olly

No comments: