Monday 20 April 2009

I met a warlord

On Tuesday I met a warlord. Maybe I've unknowingly met one before in a country not far from here, but this one and his bodyguard were not ashamed of admitting to their past, and how they used to work for an even bigger warlord and his son. The guy I met wanted my help laundering gold and diamonds that he had stolen during "operations" from the country, and was surprised when I said no. He looked like a regular underweight guy in his 40s, but I couldn't help but wonder about the terrible things he had done, and the lives of the people he had tortured and murdered. I guess he will remain at large for as long as the country doesn't try to bring their ex-warlords to justice. Olly

1 comment:

EJR said...

Possibly a derivation of the Nigerian Scam seen so often in spam emails.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud