Tuesday 21 October 2008

Monrovia at night

Last night I was very pleasantly surprised as I drove to the airport and back, about how much of Monrovia's main streets are now covered by street-lights. They cover a big patch of down-town (including Board Street, Randall Street etc) and stretch along UN Drive all the way from Sinkor to Congo Town. Great progress, LEC! It makes driving in the dark so much easier. (And thank you, MPW, for filling some of the pot-holes with cruched rock to make them a little easier to pass over). Olly

1 comment:

Andrew said...

It's great, isn't it? The other night I was walking on the beach and I noticed not the lights of the city in the distance, but the GLOW that a real city has! I never thought I'd be anything like grateful to see light pollution, but it is a sign of real progress...!