This Blog serves as two things: a photo-diary of our lives between 2007 and mid 2011, when we saw some incredible things and met some amazing people; and a reflection of our more normal lives since then.

Sunday, 17 January 2016

The Dirty Devil Stampede

My first competitive race of 2016 was the BustinSkin Dirty Devil Stampede that Mr Gates and I ran today at Bovington Tank Range in Dorset. In f-f-f-freezing cold 4 degree weather we ran 10 kilometres in deep mud, freezing thigh-deep water, and up and down tank berms (I think thats what they are called).

Below, me running through the first wet bit:


Below, me running through...another...wet bit, with Mr Gates on the left in the grey t-shirt:


Below, some dude falling over in a muddy bit:


Below, some other dude falling over in a wet bit. Total wipeout:


Below, climbing a tank berm:


Below, more mud:


Below, at the end. Rick got a lot wetter than I did. 




Brilliant fun. Time 56 minutes and 30 seconds, in 62nd place and 63rd place (out of 322 runners - not bad eh). Olly

No comments: