Monday 16 March 2009

Doctor Who

I am obsessed with Doctor Who (to the extent that I'm even blogging about it). I have borrowed all 4 seasons, and am working my way through nearly 40 episodes. They are, without exception, all excellent and full of great effects, suspense, humour and emotions, and so different from the Doctor Who of my youth which all seemed to be filmed in a dusty quarry in Kent. But one thing strikes me: wherever the Doctor goes, he runs into trouble. Maybe the TARDIS takes him there, like that guy in Quantum Leap who always found himself in trouble (even though he didn't have a TARDIS) whenever he fell lept through one quantum to another or whatever he did. So I've added the Doctor to the list of people I hope I'll never share a hotel with (which obviously includes Miss Marple, Angela Landsberry, Taggart, Columbo, Monk, anybody from the tiny village of Midsummer Whatsit, and that man from Quantum Leap. Olly

No comments: