Sunday 22 March 2009

Cement ship hell reprive

Last night four more cement hoppers and some grabbers were brought to our dock. I don't mind admitting that when I saw them my heart gave a lurch and I started to panic. I find hoppers very sinister as they sit, patiently, waiting to ruin our lives - which indeed they would have done, if cement was being unloaded right now. But praise God, the bulk carrier that arrived to fill the waiting trucks was carrying wheat, not cement! The dock is even now busy with trucks, and spilled wheat is beginning to spread everywhere, but it is a billion times better than having a cement clinker ship discharging next to us, covering us with grey cement dust! So, keep the wheat carriers coming! Olly

Above, cement hoopers. Don't they look scary?

Above, the grain ship unloading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Olly,
I live in Washington State in the US. We spent 3 weeks in Monrovia this past summer. Someone on our team stumbled across your blog and I have been reading it every week. It is fantastic! Thank you for posting so often. It is great hearing about your adventures and hearing the stories of the people. We can't wait to get back to Africa!
Wendy Bream