Monday 7 January 2008

New role for Olly


I have got a new role on the ship - I am now the Transportation Manager. I am delighted to be working in Transportation again - I had the same job on the Anastasis from November 2004 to June 2006. I am responsible for 29 vehicles and 130 crew drivers, and manage 2 Sierra Leonian mechanics and 3 Liberian drivers, who I hope to do a bit of mentorship and discipling with, and I hope to run a 9 month apprenticeship programme to train up young Liberians as mechanics . I look forward to getting back into the swing of things when we get back to Liberia and our workshop is set up again. Flashback photo of me and the Anastasis Transportation Department in Ghana before we left the ship in 2006. Olly

1 comment:

Tyrone said...

Sounds like you will be back in your 'element' again!