Sunday 14 April 2013

Transition: complete. Really, this time.

My father recently reminded me that a long time ago, a wise man told me that it often took two years to get a job and fully settle back in the real world after being on the mission field. But praise God: it has only taken us 22 months, for on Friday I was offered permanent employment as Site Manager at a local Christian-run independent school.

Looking back, I can see how God went before me all the time I was working in rain-swept gardens, freezing cold churches, refrigerated warehouses and unheated factories and offices. I learnt a lot about patience, grace, family, friends, church, myself, and my relationship with God.

Thanks to those who stood with us during this period; who prayed for us, distracted us, entertained us, fed us, and continued to support us financially. We love you guys. Olly


No comments: