Sunday 13 November 2011

S'up?

Oh dear, such a lot has happened since I last blogged. We moved into our own house on 10th October - here it is:
We have been very blessed by an awesome God: 5 bedrooms, three bathrooms and a MASSIVE kitchen/dining room, for way less than our three-bedroom ex-council house in Harpenden.
The kids are doing really well in school - in fact they are thriving - and Sally is getting to know the mums at drop-off and pick-up time.
My work at the stone-splitting factory ceased about 6 weeks ago, so I took up gardening and DIY until the weather got wetter and cooler. Last week I got a temp job in the warm and dry office of a local cheese company. It'd be great if the job became permanent and I could stay on after Christmas.
I'm still listening to KLOVE - my daily dose and inspiration!
Now that we are settled and praying about being here, God is leading me to volunteer with Yeovil Street Pastors one or two nights a month - see www.streetpastors.org.uk - they patrol the city centre streets every Friday and Saturday nights, bringing Christ's love to the revellers...
What else? Oh yeah, we've had a steady procession of ship-mates visiting us: Keith, Alison, Jesse, Barry & Cheryl. It has been simply great to catch up with ship news.
Bye for now, gotta go iron some shirts. Olly

No comments: