Tuesday 13 April 2010

Overlanders

I am meeting an increasing number of Overlanders - people who have driven to Togo (and beyond) overland from Europe. I have already mentioned our crewmate Joel who drove overland from Northern Ireland to Togo in a VW camper van. On Friday I met a Dutch couple who have driven here in a Land Rover - they are now shipping the Landy to South Africa, where they will meet it in a couple of weeks and then drive back to Holland via East Africa, the Middle East and Europe. On Sunday I met seven South Africans who have been living in London, but are returning to South Africa overland in a couple of Land Cruisers (which are very nice, I have to say). And I saw a Scottish Land Cruiser parked outside a local hotel recently...All very tempting, I must admit. Sounds like a lot of fun, and a big challenge. Olly

No comments: