Thursday 25 June 2009

Sick again

2009 has been a bad year so far for the health of many of the crew of the Africa Mercy, as sicknesses go round and around, time after time. Sally and I have both had flu twice, and a stinking cold each. And today Noah, Anna and Libby all came down with it - all three now have high temperatures and plenty of snot, and are very miserable. So they aren't enjoying their summer vacation, and Sally is having to stay in the cabin to nurse them, instead of spending more time on the ward. As for me, I was unable to dive this week or use breathing apparatus during today's fire drill because I'm recovering from the stinking cold I had last weekend. I hope we are all well by Tuesday, when my parents arrive for a week on the ship with us...so we'd appreciate your prayers. Thanks. Olly

1 comment:

Caroline and Ken said...

Ken has a heavy cold at the moment too - in our case it's from the tourists that come over and bring their bugs with them. Either that or you've passed the virus through the computer Olly!! Hope you all feel better soon!